Why have an epoxy garage floor? Common garage floors are just plain grey concrete. In time, stains from grease, oils, as well as chemicals create ordinary grey concrete to come to be an ugly eyesore. Having an epoxy flooring Phoenix finishing will offer you years of service, longevity and will resist most spots; in addition to give you with a beautifully, ended up surface area to maintain the worth of your residence.
The Most Common Epoxy Floor Coating Systems
There are 3 usual systems offered that will enhance your garage flooring:
1. Epoxy & Polyurethane Solid Color System
2. Epoxy Chipstone (partial plastic chip broadcast) with Polyurethane Top Coat System
3. Epoxy Granitex (100% plastic chip broadcast) with Polyurethane Top Coat System
Keep in mind that with these three epoxy systems, you have ‘good’, ‘far better’ and also ‘ideal’ types of epoxy garage flooring systems.
The Good System
The epoxy polyurethane strong shade system will certainly last roughly 5-7 years, maintenance complimentary, however, will certainly require a maintenance layer of pigmented polyurethane. This garage flooring layer is normally a two-coat, slim film system; varying in density from 4-20 mils. It is used by roller or airless sprayer.
The Better System
The epoxy Chipstone system will last approximately 7-12 years, upkeep cost-free before needing an upkeep coat of clear polyurethane. This epoxy garage flooring system normally includes one pigmented primer layer of epoxy; a pigmented color coat with a partial/light broadcast of vinyl chips right into the damp epoxy; and also a solitary coat of clear polyurethane for security. The density is about 20-30 mils.
The Best System
The epoxy Granitex system could last as long as 12-15+ years, maintenance cost-free prior to requiring a maintenance layer of polyurethane. This epoxy flooring covering is typically one pigmented guide coat; a pigmented color coat with a 100%/ complete program of plastic chips; and two layers of clear polyurethane.
Proper surface area prep work is vital to the long-term success of the installment. All surface areas to be covered need to be cleansed of contaminants which could hinder bonding. Concrete has to be acid-etched, shot-blasted or diamond-ground to accomplish a profile just like 120 grit sandpaper. After preparation, the concrete surface area must be evaluated for openings and cracks. If holes or splits prevail, after that jumble must be executed. Once preparation is full, setup prepares to start.
Installation of Granitex Epoxy Garage Floor System:
1. Surface area prep work, patchwork, and roll one coat of pigmented epoxy primer.
2. After epoxy guide is completely dry, check, prep and roll one coat of pigmented epoxy over a prime location. Operate in 10×10 or 12×12 sections at once. While epoxy is wet, broadcast plastic chips into wet epoxy. Be sure the area receives 100% coverage. When all areas are entirely covered, allow completely dry extensively.
3. As soon as all sections are dry, scrape, move as well as vacuum all excess Granitex plastic chips from the surface area. Use a thin layer of polyurethane to lock and lay plastic chips down.
4. When the polyurethane is dry, apply a second coat for a final top coat. As a choice, non-skid resin and can be included to enhance the slip resistance.
All epoxy garage floor finishings for oil marks can be easily cleaned up with light, liquid cleaning agents; after that mopping, hosing or even “swiffering”. Grease, oils, and also the majority of chemicals will certainly not discolor or absorb right into the epoxy layered floor.